Trusted independent cider reviews
Years of tasting expertise and hundreds of craft and commercial ciders currently being reviewed by our 3 tasters. Top 100 award winning ciders to be featured in our prestigious Top 100 list (July 1st 2021).
What We Do
We provide in-depth cider reviews and feature articles. Our Top 100 list is to be published and reviewed bi-annually and our awards are to be issued annually. We welcome submission of both craft and commercial cider for free review.
Listen to our brand new podcast on iTunes, Spotify and here. The Scrumps – cider reviews and fun is a fortnightly podcast created by the people behind goodciderguide.com
Please contact us if you would like to submit a cider for review or if you have a suggestion for the site or podcast. We are always delighted to hear from commercial and craft cider makers.
Most Recent Cider Reviews
- Artistraw – Woodseaves Oak Apples 2019 – ReviewedProducer: Artistraw Cider http://www.artistraw.co.ukCider Name: Woodseaves Oak Apples 2019Region: HerefordshireABV:6.4Taste: Full-bodied earthy pet nat, Medium DryServed: 750ml Bottle ChilledSmell: Fruity, floralColour: Bright AmberClarity: ClearCarbonation: Sparkling (Pet Nat) plenty of Fizz Review / Tasting notes “This is an orchard blend of apples picked a pip’s throw away from the famed Great Oak of Eardisley. Recorded in the Domesday Book this stately 900 … Continue reading “Artistraw – Woodseaves Oak Apples 2019 – Reviewed”
- Crumpton Oaks – Apple Cider – ReviewedProducer: Crumpton Oaks http://crumptonoaks.co.ukCider Name: Apple CiderRegion: Malvern HillsABV:5Taste: MediumServed: 500ml Bottle ChilledSmell: Fruity AppleColour: Golden AmberClarity: ClearCarbonation: Lightly Sparkling Review / Tasting notes “Our award winning crisp and refreshing golden apple cider. Full of fruity flavour from the finest bittersweet apples harvested from our orchard family and balanced with dessert apples for a perfect medium taste and crisp finish.” This … Continue reading “Crumpton Oaks – Apple Cider – Reviewed”
- Ross-on-Wye – Foxwhelp – ReviewedProducer: Ross-on-Wye http://rosscider.comCider Name: Fowhelp (2021 – Pressed 2019)Region: HerefordshireABV:6.0Taste: Bittersharp and AcidicServed: 500ml Bottle ChilledSmell: Fruity, citrusColour: GoldenClarity: ClearCarbonation: Lightly Sparkling Review / Tasting notes “Foxwhelp must surely be the most iconic cider apple: a lovely fruity aroma leads immediately into a burst of acidity that has sharpness, intensity and depth like no other variety can offer.” This is not for … Continue reading “Ross-on-Wye – Foxwhelp – Reviewed”
- Pilton Cider – Tamoshanta – ReviewedProducer: Pilton Cider http://www.piltoncider.comCider Name: TamoshantaRegion: SomersetABV:4.7Taste: Medium sweet and smokey with a whiskey and charcoal infusionServed: 750ml Bottle ChilledSmell: Smokey, Fruity, vanillaColour: AmberClarity: ClearCarbonation: Lightly Sparkling Review / Tasting notes “A fruity keeved cider, partially fermented in oak barrels.” This cider takes its name from the epic poem Tam o’ Shanter by Robert Burns, as on Burns Night, the young … Continue reading “Pilton Cider – Tamoshanta – Reviewed”
- Cranbourne Chase – The Whitewigs – ReviewedProducer: Cranbourne Chase Cider http://www.cranbournechasecider.co.ukCider Name: The WhitewigsRegion: DorsetABV:6.0Taste: SweetServed: 500ml Bottle ChilledSmell: Sweet AppleColour: GoldenClarity: ClearCarbonation: Lightly Sparkling Review / Tasting notes “Enriched by our own Dorset Apples, our crafted ciders reveal delightful, refreshing fruitiness, coldly fermented exposing their natural yeast and sugars.” Sweet apples greet you as you open the bottle and this aroma remains as it settles into … Continue reading “Cranbourne Chase – The Whitewigs – Reviewed”
- Gwatkin – Game Cock Cider – ReviewedProducer: Gwatkin https://gwatkincider.co.uk/Cider Name: Game Cock CiderRegion: HerefordshireABV:4.5Taste: SweetServed: 500ml Bottle ChilledSmell: Sweet AppleColour: AmberClarity: ClearCarbonation: Still Review / Tasting notes “The game cock cider, like the bird, is handy and dauntless in character and won’t take long to rustle your feathers. Your only instinct is to try the plucky sweet cider that mates well with the game of the land.” … Continue reading “Gwatkin – Game Cock Cider – Reviewed”
Our Reviews in Numbers
Ciders tasted for review
Cider reviews published this month
awards issued this year
Tasters Contributing weekly